The Laguna Beach branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW-LB) awards two scholarships to mature women students at UC Irvine who have experienced a break in attendance in their educational path due to circumstances beyond their control.
These scholarships are intended to help women who have returned to school to complete their degrees. The UCI scholarship is specifically for those enrolled in one of the STEM disciplines, as outlined below.
- Undergraduate woman currently enrolled in one of these UCI schools: Biological Sciences, Engineering, Information and Computer Science, and Physical Sciences.
- Experienced a break in attendance in their higher education due to circumstances beyond their control.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
The deadline for submission for an AAUW-LB Scholarship is May 1, 2021. Applications will not be considered after this date. The two scholarship recipients will be notified in June 2021. Each award is $2,000.
- Application – Complete the application (fillable online) and save it on your computer.
- Essay – Write a 250-word essay that addresses the three topics listed below.
- What challenges in your life have you overcome and may still be ahead of you?
- Do you have any special qualities, attributes or skills? How did you develop them?
- Explain the reason for your break in education and describe how your time was spent during that break.
- Transcript – Obtain all higher education transcripts.
- Email Rudi Berkelhamer at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest in the scholarship, attaching all of the above (application, essay, and transcripts) to the email. This email must be received by May 1, 2021
If you have questions, please email AAUW-LB at: email@example.com